One meal a day is the best diet plan for losing weight. If you have too much weight, this diet plan is the best solution for you. It is the best solution for losing weight, so no matter what do you eat.
What is one meal a day diet plan or OMAD?
It is a weight loss diet method, also called intermittent fasting. One meal a day is a period of time without eating or drink anything and containing calories with a short time for eating. Most of the people following OMAD usually eat their meal during supper time. Then fast until the following evening or later. However, some research source suggests:
The first source says eating breakfast may help glucose control, later within the day. It reduces the danger of type 2 diabetes. But the second source says, skip breakfast may very well be beneficial to decrease calories. So, it is fasting depends on you which time of food you can try to skip.
How to make an OMAD diet plan?
- The first way is, the OMAD diet utilizes a kind of intermittent fasting known as the 23:1 diet plan. This suggests a person spends more or less 23 hours of the day fasting. Leaving at least 1 hour per day for consuming calories.
- The second way is, eating in an 8-hour window, say 12 pm to 8 pm, and fast for the other 16 hours counting sleep. This approach would refer to the 16:8 diet plan.
- The third way is, fasting 15 hours far day for 1 month than it improves the body cell. And it helps to prevent diseases.
What are the benefits of one meal a day?
It is a simple and saving time beneficial diet. It is easy for your life. However, you don’t have to hurry for breakfast in the morning. So, you can save valuable time. You don’t have to bargain on lunch and cheat on your diet. Intermittent fasting is an effective method for weight loss, here are some benefits:
- Weight loss easily
- Saving your valuable time
- Not need to count calories
- Eating all kinds of foods
- Helps with calorie recycling
How this diet results in weight loss?
Intermittent fasting and just one meal a day reduce calorie eating thus promoting weight loss. It reduces intuitive fat and improves internal function. Intermittent fasting reduces the fat deposits within the body making you more active and less tired. This diet intrudes the habit of choosing nutritious foods. Consciously with practice, you’ll overcome your hunger and overeating.
What are the disadvantages of this diet paln?
Some disadvantages found for this one meal a day diet plan:
- Controlling overeat: Once you begin with OMAD, Fasting for 23 hours could attract you to settle on unhealthy food options. So, you get uncontrollable hunger for foods and desserts. It’ll improve with time, and your body starts accepting the routine.
- Hypoglycemia: There’s always a risk of a lack of energy. In severe cases, the person may blackout. Other symptoms include constant hunger, fatigue, shakiness, inability to concentrate, and irritability.
- Stability: Calorie control will cause weight loss first and might make you unsatble. It’ll be difficult to stick to the current routine at first.
What foods to add on a one male a day diet?
Intermittent fasting decreases stress on the body. As a result, this fasting can give you proper sleep and healthy life. When you can feel you are getting slime in a short time, it’ll satisfy you mentally. Intermittent fasting improves your lifestyle. In particular, you can be saving you time to skip meals. Further, you can skip any kind of bad habits and alcohol drinking.
Foods to add to one male a day diet:
- Vegetables: Green vegetables, carrot, cabbage, cauliflower, beetroot, lettuce, sweet potato, gourds, tomato
- Beverages: Green tea, black tea, or black coffee without sugar
- Whole grains: Brown-wheat, brown rice, barley
- Nuts and spices: Almond, walnut, pistachios, and oregano, cumin, turmeric, pepper, cardamom
- Milk items and oil fats: cheese, buttermilk, full-fat milk, and peanut butter, sunflower oil, coconut oil
- Animal protein: Fatless chicken, fish, and eggs
- Fruits: Orange, cucumber, grapes, guava, pineapple, banana
- Plant protein: Pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, pulses, soya, and mushrooms
Do you need exercise with one meal a day diet?
It is not important to continue the exercise. One meal a day is a superb beneficial diet plan, so you don’t need any exercise. If you are thinking about the exercise you can try these:
- Mild exercise and yoga: The best mild exercise is jumping rope, warm-up, zumba dance, and all kinds of easy yoga.
- Walking: Walking at least 30 minutes per day.
- Jog or swimming: Jog is the best way of balancing the body but you don’t have time you can try swimming.
This kind of exercise will also support maintaining your body health.
Who should avoid one meal a day diet?
All people can follow this diet, but some people should avoid it. It is the fasting of not eating for some period of time. So, those who avoid one meal a day diet such as:
- Pregnancy time should avoid
- Old people who have internal diseases
- Type 1 diabetes holder, people on insulin
- Underweight people
- Stomach diseases people
How much weight can you lose?
In some cases, people cannot get their diet results. One meal a day is a diet plan that gives you a surprise weight loss result such as:
- 2 weeks you can lose your 5 kg weight.
- 3 weeks you feel the weight loss rapidly.
In the meantime, if you observe your weight is getting loss 10kg to 12kg then this is the trustable weight loss method. Besides, the OMAD diet has no multiple risks like body fat rise and burn cholesterol.
How long should you try this diet?
One meal a day diet plan is a helpful weight loss solution. So anyone can try it for only one month a year. It is not a permanent solution. Besides, you can try one or two weeks every month. This diet not only loses you weight but also refreshes your body and mind. There are no restrictions on how much time following the diet plan but always pay attention to your body and mind’s feeling. Notice if you need any change in your routine you can add anything.
OMAD is a fasting diet plan. This diet may help you lose weight and it may recover your body, refresh the mind. Moreover, people who want to lose weight should follow the diet. You’ll eat all types of food and it would normally be consumed by your body. So, doesn’t skip any items or drink. It is a helpful diet plan which is saving you time and energy. Therefore, it’s important to manage your food plan and keeps your life healthy.
If your main goal is to lose weight, you have to do calorie control and effective diet plans. Dr. Nowzaradan’s 1200 calorie diet plan is absolutely best. Besides, you can choose from other calorie-based diet plans. A 1500 calorie diet plan is easy to maintain with enough calories. You can also follow a 1000 calorie diet plan to reduce calorie intake. Finally, the fastest way to lose weight is by flowing an easy 500 calorie diet plan.